ICC of BC Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP FUND REGULATIONS
- The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia scholarships are awarded to students of Icelandic ancestry who are residents of British Columbia and are beginning or continuing a program of post-secondary education. Applicants, parents or grandparents must be members in good standing of the Icelandic Canadian Club of B.C.
- Awards will be given according to scholastic achievement. Consideration will be given to members active in the Icelandic Club.
- The scholarship committee shall endeavour to award a minimum of two scholarships each year for an amount determined by the Scholarship Committee. Additional awards may be considered and authorized by the Committee from time to time.
- These awards are applicable to students attending recognized post-secondary educational institutions for academic or technical studies.
- Applicant must have been accepted at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Undergraduate Studies - All applicants must be full-time students.
- These awards shall be made on the recommendation of a Scholarship Committee whose members shall be selected by the supporting organization.
- Applicants may be awarded only two scholarships in their lifetime regardless of the category. Amounts to be determined by the Scholarship Committee and may vary.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, all required enclosures must be completed and received between July 1, and no later than Aug 15. Please read the application form carefully and complete all requirements (Icelandic heritage, application form, the acceptance letter from institution, transcripts, applicant’s letter and picture).